January 1st to 7th 2018
ADRENAL Trial - Current Evidence Base
- Sprung. Hydrocortisone Therapy for Patients with Septic Shock (CORTICUS). N Engl J Med 2008;358:111-124
- Annane. Effect of treatment with low doses of hydrocortisone and fludrocortisone on mortality in patients with septic shock. JAMA 2002;288:862-871
- Keh. Effect of Hydrocortisone on Development of Shock Among Patients With Severe Sepsis. The HYPRESS Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA 2016;epublished October 3rd
- COIITSS Study Investigators. Corticosteroid treatment and intensive insulin therapy for septic shock in adults: a randomized controlled trial. JAMA 2010;303(4):341-8.
- Qing-quan. Early initiation of low dose hydrocortisone treatment for septic shock in adults: A randomised clinical trial. Am J Emerg Med 2017;35(12):1810-1814
- Torres. Effect of Corticosteroids on Treatment Failure Among Hospitalized Patients With Severe Community-Acquired Pneumonia and High Inflammatory Response. A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA 2015;313(7):677-686