Critical Care Reviews is a free, not-for-profit, educational critical care project promoting open access to scientific advancement. Its resources include a website, annual meeting and book, newsletter and podcast. The project is run by Rob Mac Sweeney, an intensivist working in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
- Registered office address: MJM Mcloughlin Chartered Accountants, 54 Lisburn Road, Belfast, Northern Ireland, BT9 6AF
- Company Number: NI620122
- Company type: Private Limited Company by Guarantee
- Contact via email
- This website is intended for healthcare professionals working with the critically ill.
- Critical Care Reviews accepts no responsibility for the accuracy or reliability of the material emanating from this site or from articles linked to from this site. The presence of a link does not imply agreement with the information contained within, nor is it a measure of substantiation. Harm arising from clinical decisions based on these articles is a matter between clinician and publisher.
- This website is a personal project and is in no way associated with my employer.
- Use of this site is acceptance of this disclaimer.
Conflict of Interest
- The annual meeting hosts a trade exhibition providing industry sponsorship. These sponsors have no editorial control or input into the organisation of the meeting or scientific programme, which is solely the responsibility of Critical Care Reviews. Financial support received by Critical Care Reviews from these sponsors is only used to assist with the expense of hosting this meeting. Neither the organisers nor speakers are paid for their work in relation to this meeting.
- The 2016 Critical Care Reviews Book contained paid advertising from industry. Financial support received by Critical Care Reviews from these companies is solely used to assist with the expense of producing this book. The authors receive no payment for writing or producing this publication, which is freely available as a download or at a small cost to cover printing and mailing expenses.
- The Critical Care Reviews Podcasts are run partly in conjunction with the Irish Critical Care - Clinical Research Centre and the Irish Critical Care - Clinical Trials Group. Rob Mac Sweeney receives salary support from an Irish Health Research Board Knowledge Dissemination Grant for providing social media support to the Irish Critical Care - Clinical Research Centre and the Irish Critical Care - Clinical Trials Group. Podcasting equipment has been funded through this grant.
- This website is free to use and independent of industry advertising or promotion.
- The newsletter is free to receive and independent of industry advertising or promotion.
- Rob Mac Sweeney receives no payment from Critical Care Reviews. He is the owner and only director of the company.